Wednesday, September 30, 2009

E.R.

*Think of the theme music from the tv show E.R.as you read this post. *
it will just add to the story.



I burst through the door of the Emergency Room in Springerville with my bloody two year old in my arms... and I was very disappointed to not be met by George Clooney, Noah Wyle or John Stamos.

Instead I was seated in the waiting room and given an ice pack.


Friday night we decided to stay home from the football game, so we kept MK and Lowee so Katie could go with my mom and dad. We went to a birthday party had dinner and were making cookies when Camo fell head first into the fire place. Right when she did it I know it was bad! When I picked her up she was already covered in blood. Since everyone in this town goes to the football game no one was home to come watch the girls. So we just threw all the girls in the truck and headed to the hospital.

MK kept saying "Lowee is not buckled up!" ( I don't even think Layne was).


Thankfully Linde was home and came and got all the girls.

Cam had to be sedated because there was no way she would hold still. Everyone there was so nice. Cam got 7 stitches and she did so good, I was very impressed. (The drugs didn't hurt though).


She was a crack up once they got the drugs into her. She was talking REALLY loud and saying the funniest things! Everyone was laughing at her.

In the waiting room. She eventually cried herself to sleep.

You can see in her eyes she was scared, but she couldn't really react because of the drugs. That was really hard to watch. She just kept saying, "can you get me out of here?"

Waiting and waiting! It was a busy night at the ER.

All stitched up! She was pretty loopy for a while. It was great entertainment. (I know that makes me sound like a bad mom!)

She got through it just fine and it hasn't slowed her down a bit.

Uncle Reese will be taking out the stitches any day.

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!


10 comments:

The Chambers said...

OH NO! My goodness she is a trooper. I hate owies, I hate ER's, I hate crying. I bet that was hard for you to see. BTW...I LOVE ER, Grey's Anatomy, Hopkins...ALL those medical shows...SO fascinating! I'm glad she's ok!

Markee said...

Seriously looking at the those pictures makes my stomach turn! Poor thing!! I can totally hear MK saying that Lowee wasn't buckled, thats so funny!! I'm glad Cam is ok, I was really worried about her, I didn't want it to break her little fun spirit!

Kates said...

Oh litte Camo...she woke up that next morning just going strong. She is a trooper! I love her!

Diane said...

Glad Cam is ok.The ER is never fun but it is worse when you are there with one of your kids.Been there, done that.I'm glad Dan was there with you.Now he knows how his mom felt raising him.Sorry Dan just had to add that.Give Cam an extra hug for me.

Leticia Clarkson said...

Poor little girl! That first picture broke my heart. Thank goodness she had her sweet mommy with her to keep her company.

Amanda said...

When camo called me to tell me all about it, she was talking up a storm It was so funny. I could tell she had some good stuff. Glad she's ok. First trip to the ER and many more to come I'm sure :)

Jann said...

I spent several hours in that ER with Nicolaas with a head wound. Man those can really bleed. It was at the top of his head, so they just glued it shut. I am so sorry she was injured. That had to be very scary.

Case said...

I have to admit that I just totally got light-headed as soon as I saw the first picture of her poor head! Good thing I'm sitting down. I bet you were so cool under pressure:) I hope she's feeling better!!

Case said...

Chels - We are trying to put together a book of memories of my dad for his 60th birthday this weekend. Can you email me or Brooke and let us know of a memory you have of him - anything works - a whole story or just a sentence and can be recent or from when you were 5...anything really. Thanks!!!
jarlar@gmail.com
or send it to Brooke
brooke@jarviseye.com

justin and sherrie said...

Um... Ouch?! Goodness. That had to hurt so bad... Justin and Cam will have close to the same scar though. (Except he got hit in the head with a log.) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!